Aaron Atkinson is an associate in our health law and insurance defence practice groups. He negotiates on behalf of clients in civil litigation matters before small claims court and the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and also in mediations and arbitrations.
Aaron's client base includes the medical community, professional home inspectors, insurance companies and their insureds.
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2009
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 2006
- British Columbia, 2010
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch - Insurance Law Subsection
- Guest speaker, BC Society of Fellows, 2010
- Contributing author, Harper Grey Insurance Law Update
- Representing physicians involved in civil litigation regarding prescriptions, diagnoses and surgical procedures.
- Aaron has assisted general practitioners and specialists such as plastic surgeons, urologists, neurosurgeons and general surgeons with legal matters.
- Defending home inspectors against allegations of negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract in inspections of residential homes
- Defending insurance claims involving property damage and bodily injury
- Subrogated property insurance claims resulting from fire, flood, auto accidents and product liability
- Successful co-counsel on a Canada Pension Plan matter at the British Columbia Court of Appeal
InsuranceWest, November 2009