Cheryl Khanna is a senior partner with Harper Grey LLP. Her practice focuses on health law and, in particular, defence of significant claims such as those involving brain injury and quadriplegia.
Cheryl's extensive trial experience includes jury trials. She has appeared before all levels of court in Canada.
A well respected lawyer, Cheryl is consistently ranked as one of the "Best Lawyers in Canada" in medical negligence. She is also a "repeatedly recommended" lawyer in the field of personal injury/medical negligence in the 2006 - 2012 Lexpert Listings of Leading Canadian Law Firms and Practitioners.
Cheryl originally trained as a registered nurse. She worked on medical and surgical floors at hospitals in both British Columbia and Manitoba between 1980 and 1986, and while attending law school at the University of British Columbia.
Following the completion of her law degree, Cheryl clerked at the BC Supreme Court and then articled with Harper Grey.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1987
- University of British Columbia, RN, 1980
- British Columbia, 1989
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Civil Litigation and Health Law Subsections
- Member, Medical-Legal Society of British Columbia
- Presenter, Canadian Medical Protective Association Symposia
- Past Chair, Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Health Law Subsection
- Past Board Member, Aurora Society (a non-profit organization offering residential treatment for women with addiction issues)
- Past Facilitator, University of British Columbia Faculty of Law "Introduction to Advocacy" course
- Rated a Leading Practitioner by Lexpert Canada in the area of medical negligence (defence) since 2006
- Recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of medical negligence since 2008
There is no publications for this lawyer