Daniel Reid is an associate with Harper Grey LLP. He articled at the firm in 2008-2009. He practices in the areas of health, insurance, and defamation law.
Dan grew up in Calgary and attended Carleton University in Ottawa to pursue a journalism degree. After working in radio and television, he moved to Vancouver to attend law school.
Dan is one of our in-house technology experts; he has more electronic gadgets in his office than almost anyone at the firm. And he knows how to use them.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2008
- Carleton University, Bachelor of Journalism, 2004
- British Columbia, 2009
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Civil Litigation, Insurance and Health Law Subsections
- Presenter, Canadian Medical Protective Association in -house seminars on new court rules and electronic communication
- Presenter at continuing education seminars for the BC Society of Fellows, the Pacific Business and Law Institute and the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC
- Successfully obtained a Bill of Discovery that ordered a website to turn over the identity of the an anonymous forum commentator. A Bill of Discovery permits a court to order discovery against a person who the applicant has no cause of action against, and who is not a party to an action.
- Assisting senior counsel in defamation actions.
- Assisting senior counsel in health law matters
Courthouse Libraries Blog
Hyperlinking does not constitute defamation
Online tools and resources
Tips for elected officials and employers