Emily is an associate in the insurance, construction law and health law groups at Harper Grey.
During law school, Emily attended the Universiteit Maastricht in the Netherlands on an exchange for one semester. In her final year, she was on the University of British
Columbia team for the Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2008
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 2005
- British Columbia, 2009
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - British Columbia Branch, Civil Litigation and Insurance Law subsections
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Insurance Law Update
- Contributing Author, Canadian Insurance Law Blog
- Providing advice to insurance companies regarding coverage disputes and defending their interests in litigation
- Acting for the guardians of a teenager in a claim for negligent supervision in connection with a claim where it was alleged that the teenager took part in setting fire to a hotel that was under construction
- Acting for the homeowners in a small claims matter where the issues were whether a wolf-dog hybrid should be considered a pet or a wild animal, and whether the homeowners (who did not own the animal) were responsible for damages when it bit a neighbour on their property
- Handling several subrogated insurance claims resulting from a fire in a condo complex caused by spontaneous combustion of oil-soaked rags stored in a milk carton on a deck in the mid-summer heat
- Providing advice to medical professionals regarding consent, capacity, production of records
- Defending medical professionals in claims of medical negligence
Notice of Limitation Periods