DIRECT: 604 895 2849
ASSISTANT: Michelle Watts
H. Roderick Anderson Law Corporation
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Law
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Professional Regulation
- Securities Regulation & Litigation
- White Collar Crime
Rod Anderson's practice focuses on securities related litigation.
Rod has been named one of the Top 500 lawyers in Canada by Lexpert and AMLaw, both of which are respected legal publications. He is the only securities litigator in British Columbia to be classified in Lexpert's "Most Frequently Recommended" category. He is also recognized by Best Lawyers as one of the leading securities litigation practitioners in the province.
Rod's client base includes brokers, brokerage firms, executives, professionals, directors and officers of private and public companies, shareholders and other business people with legal matters involving capital markets.
Clients count on Rod to represent them before the BC Securities Commission, TSX Venture Exchange, the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and all levels of court. He also has a significant cross-border practice which involves dealing with US counsel and securities regulators.
Rod is known for representing clients in securities related matters that require administrative, civil litigation and criminal defence expertise.
Rod grew up in Prince George, BC. He has played ice hockey competitively since his youth and is an avid fisherman, responsible for the demise of many large chinook salmon.
- University of British Columbia, LL. B., 1979
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 1976
- British Columbia, 1980
- Chair - Securities Litigation and Regulation Practice Group, Harper Grey LLP
- Recognized as a “Litigation Star” in Canada in the area of Securities by Benchmark Canada 2013
- Rated one of the "Top 500 Lawyers in Canada" according to the Lexpert/American Lawyer Media Guide
- Recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in securities litigation law
Commercial and Securities Litigation Disputes
- Corporate reorganization and governance disputes
- Oppression remedies
- Plans of arrangement
- Directors and officers liability
- Shareholder disputes
- Negligent and fraudulent misrepresentation claims
- Cases for and against private and public issuers, their directors and officers
- Disciplinary proceedings before administrative tribunals including the BC Securities Commission and IIROC, such as investigations, audits and hearings
- Issuer and investment dealer disclosure and liability
- Insider trading
- Market manipulation
- Illegal distributions
- Multilateral Assistance Treaty Act (MLAT ) issues
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Director and officer “acceptability” issues raised by the TSX Venture Exchange
- Advice and assistance for Canadians subjected to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigations and proceedings
- White collar crime - allegations of misrepresentation and/or fraud
- Defence of criminal charges relating to civil suits
Lexpert Top 500 Listing
There is no publications for this lawyer