Sean is a partner with Harper Grey. He chairs our aviation law group and has been listed as one of the "Best Lawyers in Canada" in aviation law since 2008.
Sean has acted on behalf of aviation insurers, airlines, aircraft owners, aircraft operators, airports as well as aircraft maintenance and repair facilities. He also advises insurers and their insureds on a variety of issues including liability and coverage disputes. Sean's administrative law practice focuses on the representation and defence of medical professionals. He also maintains a general civil litigation practice, with a special focus on appellate work.
Sean has argued cases in the BC Supreme Court, the BC Court of Appeal as well as the Federal Court of Canada.
- University of Alberta, LL.B., 1997
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 1994
- Simon Fraser University, B.Sc., 1991
- British Columbia, 1998
- Speaker, CHC Helicopters Safety Summit, 2011
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Aviation Law Subsection
- Recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in aviation law since 2008
- Representing airlines and operators in hull loss subrogated actions
- Representing airports in personal injury and property damage liability cases
- Representing aircraft owners, operators and manufacturers in personal injury claims and wrongful death claims advanced under the British Columbia Family Compensation Act
- Representing airlines in personal injury and cargo cases, including claims advanced under the Warsaw and Montréal Conventions
- Occupiers' Liability cases (acting for both plaintiffs and defendants)
- Successful appeal regarding a document alleged to be privileged under the Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act
- Assisting medical professionals with a wide variety of regulatory complaints as well as human rights cases and hearings before the BC Human Rights Tribunal
- Successful appeal regarding an administrative decision to revoke a Guide Outfitter’s outfitting concession
There is no publications for this lawyer