We are actively looking for talented people at every level who share our values: excellence in our work; respect for our clients and colleagues; true collaboration; and the highest ethical standards that guide everything we do.
The foundation of our success is our people. At Harper Grey, remarkable people come together to achieve superior performance and continual personal development. We welcome the chance to meet exceptional candidates who are interested in joining a remarkable team with a solid reputation for excellence and innovation. Simply put, Harper Grey is a great place to build a career.
To explore current opportunities and specific openings, we invite you to visit the recruitment section of your area of interest.
Harper Grey has made long-term commitments to delivering the highest quality legal work and counsel. As a result many of our lawyers are considered among the top practitioners in their areas of expertise.
We understand how legal careers evolve and how that evolution includes finding the best fit. Whatever your reason for exploring new opportunities, at Harper Grey we can help you build your career and achieve your full potential. We offer interesting and complex work and are committed to the development of our lawyers and their practices. If you are a talented, self-motivated and client-focused lawyer, share our values and feel that you are a fit for our firm, we’re interested in speaking with you.
Lori Williams – Recruitment Liaison
Our Harper Grey team of Management Professionals are passionate about the business of law. From human resources and information services to financial analysis and business development—these professionals provide the operational support required to ensure the firm’s services are in-line with today’s business demands. Each plays an integral role in improving quality, cost efficiency and knowledge sharing which, in turn, contribute to superior client value and service.
Leslie Morgan – Chief Operating Officer
604 895 2854
Our support staff are the heart of our firm. If you are talented, self-motivated, dedicated, client focused and thrive in a team-oriented environment we’d like to meet you. Contact us to begin the conversation.
Kerri Garner – Director of Human Resources
604 895 2857
We are currently seeking an intermediate Corporate Service paralegal to join our business law department on a contract basis for approximately 13 months. Along with another senior corporate paralegal, the successful candidate will be responsible for all matters relating to Corporate Services for BC companies, extra-provincial registrations, federal corporations, limited partnerships and societies, and also does all the corporate work for our lawyers.
In this key position, your responsibilities will include:
- Assists lawyers with the preparation of legal documents relating to all stages of complex corporate transactions, including Section 85 rollovers, amalgamations and dissolutions.
- Formation and governance matters relating to corporations (both business and not-for-profit corporations), partnerships and joint ventures.
- Experience with conducting and reviewing public searches, including corporate searches, PPR registrations, tax and employment matters.
- Prepares and files documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada.
- Prepares documents to change the registered and records office, effect name changes, change share capital, issue and transfer shares, appoint and remove directors and officers and other basic miscellaneous resolutions.
- Prepares documents for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations.
- Attends to filings with the BC Registrar of Companies, Corporations Canada and other corporate registries.
- Due diligence review of corporate records for asset/share purchase transactions.
- Assist in preparation of documents regarding deficiencies.
- Respond to client inquiries and handle routine corporate tasks independently.
- Assist students, lawyers and other departments with various corporate matters.
QUALITIES + EXPERTISE
- A paralegal certificate from an accredited institution with experience working in a Canadian law firm.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a British Columbia corporate/commercial paralegal.
- Knowledge of ALF (administration and coding) and BC Online.
- Enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer service.
- Presents himself/herself in a highly professional, competent manner.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Solid decision making and problem solving skills coupled with a willingness to learn.
- Highly organized, detailed and multi-task oriented, with the ability to balance priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Advanced computer technical skills including MS Word, MS Excel and Database Management.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic firm that values innovation, initiative and resourcefulness. This position offers on-going development as a key feature, a competitive compensation and benefits package and a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Are you a motivated and creative team player? Do you think the fast-paced hands-on role we have described would be the perfect fit for your skillset? If so, we cannot wait to meet you and invite you to submit your resume by email to:
Director of Human Resources
We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We wish you every success.
We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace that encourages difference and promotes innovation.
We are committed to providing a healthy and collegial working environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
We provide the opportunity to pursue rewarding and challenging work with skilled and supportive colleagues and offer competitive compensation that rewards contribution.
Our focus on training and professional development will help you broaden your experience and meet your career goals.
"We are thrilled you are considering a career with Harper Grey. Those fortunate enough to already belong to our family will tell you that a position with Harper Grey is much more than a job."
"I joined Harper Grey sixteen years ago with a plan to build my career as a paralegal. I stayed because of the diverse practical experience, the culture and opportunities for further development. I have great respect for the lawyers I work with and enjoy the challenges of litigation."