We provide advice and representation to banks, financial institutions, secured and unsecured creditors, receivers, liquidators, and trustees in bankruptcy.
We also help business owners who are facing bankruptcy or who are in disputes with debtors and creditors.
What sets us apart is our proactive approach, providing on-going advice on various legal, reputational, regulatory and operational issues with a view to minimizing risk.
Our lawyers have significant depth of expertise in the areas of banking and insolvency, foreclosures, creditors’ remedies, security enforcement, proceedings with priority disputes, receivership and bankruptcy.
We assist financial institutions with foreclosure and collection, as well as commercial litigation, fraud cases, misrepresentation and estate matters. We have represented banks and other financial institutions in mortgage recovery, business loan security enforcement and insolvency proceedings before all levels of courts in British Columbia.
Banking and creditor disputes require knowledgeable lawyers who apply creative, cost-effective solutions to quickly reduce risk. The faster these situations are dealt with, the more money is recovered.
We have strong and long standing relationships with many of our bank and financial institution clients. Working with clients over many years enables us to develop specific knowledge and expertise about their products and develop efficiencies based on their expectations and corporate goals.
- Bankruptcy-related services including work with trustees, receivers and creditors.
- Companies' Creditor Arrangement Act proceedings.
- Collection of secured and unsecured debt stemming from credit card loan mortgage and other debt.
- Debt restructuring.
- Defence of debt and guarantee claims.
- Foreclosures - commercial and residential.
- Representation in insolvency proceedings and the recovery of assets from insolvent companies.
- Lease defaults - property and equipment lease issues and renegotiations.
- Proposals pursuant to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- Property-related issues including commercial and residential real estate development receiverships.
- Advice on tax issues, including statutory liability for unpaid income tax, source deductions, provincial sales tax, goods and services tax and wages.
19 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2018
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 15 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2018
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Law Firm" regionally in the area of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Canada®, 2017
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014
News & Knowledge