Our Construction & Engineering Group helps a broad array of clients manage the risks associated with construction projects.
We take a practical and cost effective approach to risk management and have experience dealing with dispute resolution.
We have experience dealing with:
- professional negligence;
- professional disciplinary matters;
- contractual disputes;
- delay claims;
- commercial real estate disputes
- builders’ liens
- Owner/contractor disputes regarding fee disputes, construction defects and delays
- Defending architects, engineers and construction professionals accused of professional negligence.
- Injunctions to stop specific activities on construction projects.
- Insurance claims relating to property and equipment damage.
- Builders' liens.
- Negotiating with municipalities and provincial governments in disputes involving regulations.
- Representing owners and contractors when environmental and pollution issues arise during construction and engineering projects.
- Product liability issues.
- Contract drafting & review
- Risk management & loss prevention
19 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2018
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Chris Rusnak recognized as a “Leader in His Field” in the area of Dispute Resolution (British Columbia) by Chambers Canada® 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 13 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2018
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Law Firm" regionally in the area of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Canada®, 2017
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014