Facing a criminal investigation or prosecution can be stressful and overwhelming. Our highly experienced criminal defence lawyers bring significant expertise to each case.
We counsel both clients and corporations in criminal law matters at all levels of the judicial system – from the Supreme Court of Canada to the British Columbia Provincial Court – with a substantial body of work at the appellate level.
- Impaired driving & other motor vehicle criminal code offences.
- Sexual offences.
- Quasi-criminal regulatory offences in the securities and financial services industries.
- White collar crime.
- Income tax evasion.
19 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2018
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 15 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2018
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Law Firm" regionally in the area of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Canada®, 2017
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014
News & Knowledge
- Leading the charge assessment regarding the Special Prosecution of two leaders of a polygamous sect in British Columbia.
- Counsel in several successful appeals from first degree murder convictions.
- Co-Counsel for one of two accused on the Air India case.
- Counsel in the Supreme Court of Canada in R. v. Nagra, a notable case involving passport fraud and allegations of Sikh terrorism.
- Counsel on major multi-count cases involving allegations of historical sexual abuse in residential schools.
- Co-Counsel for one of the defendants in the Nanaimo Commonwealth or “Bingogate” case.
- Counsel for the accused in the Supreme Court of Canada case regarding a section of the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act that contravened the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.