Aaron Atkinson is an associate in the Health and Insurance Law Practice Groups at Harper Grey LLP.
On the health law side, Aaron advises and assists clients with respect to civil medico-legal issues and disciplinary matters before the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.
His insurance law practice comprises insurance defence, subrogation and coverage work and he provides legal services to a broad range of insurers.
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2009
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 2006
- British Columbia, 2010
- Contributor, Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law Casebook, 2015, Published by LexisNexis Canada
- Director-at-Large – Vancouver Bar Association – 2013
- Contributing Author – Harper Grey Insurance Law Update Newsletter
- Treasurer – Canadian Bar Association – BC Branch – Health Law Subsection
- Member – Canadian Bar Association – BC Branch – Insurance Law Subsection
- Guest Speaker – CAHPI (BC) – 2015
- Guest Speaker – CAHPI (BC) – 2014
- Guest Speaker – Comprehensive Medical Review – 2014
- Guest Speaker – CAHPI(BC) – 2012
- Guest Speaker – BC Society of Fellows – 2010
- Representing physicians involved in civil litigation regarding prescriptions, diagnoses and surgical procedures.
- Aaron has assisted general practitioners and specialists such as plastic surgeons, urologists, neurosurgeons and general surgeons with legal matters.
- Defending home inspectors against allegations of negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract in inspections of residential homes
- Defending insurance claims involving property damage and bodily injury
- Subrogated property insurance claims resulting from fire, flood, auto accidents and product liability
April 25, 2014
April 21, 2012
October 5, 2010
Published in: InsuranceWest, November 2009