Adam brings unique perspective and skill to his practice, having developed a high level of sophistication in both environmental and construction law. These combined strengths, along with his experience with technical, complex files, allows Adam to provide invaluable insight to his wide range of clients, which includes property owners, developers, insurers, engineers/consultants and contractors. His approach is aimed at finding practical and efficient resolutions that serve his clients’ objectives.
Adam’s environmental law practice involves contaminated sites litigation and risk management. On the litigation side, a large portion of his work relates to recovery of remediation costs pursuant to the Environmental Management Act and common law and appeals before the Environmental Appeal Board. Adam works for and provides advice to clients on a broad range of environmental files, from residential contamination caused by historic underground oil storage tanks (USTs) to large-scale commercial properties involving complex contamination and remediation.
Adam’s construction law practice involves advising clients on risk management, contracts, insurance, and pre-litigation dispute resolution. He also represents clients on complex multi-party disputes involving error and omissions claims, construction defects, and contractual disputes.
Adam is a frequent writer and presenter. He contributed to the 2016 edition of the British Columbia Environmental Management Legislation & Commentary, and contributes to publications such as the British Columbia Environment Industry Association’s (BCEIA) newsletter and the BCEIA Industry Guide.
Adam routinely appears before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and has also appeared before the Provincial Court.
In his spare time, Adam can be found running – and usually quite far. Adam trains and competes in ultra-marathons and mountain races and has run 100 miles through the mountains, just for fun!
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2014
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 2009
- British Columbia, 2015
- Board Member, British Columbia Environment Industry Association (BCEIA)
- Member-At-Large, CBA BC Branch Environmental Law Subsection Executive (2016-2017)
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Administrative Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Administrative Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Administrative Law Observer Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Administrative Justice: A Practitioner’s Guide, 2016, Published by LexisNexis® Canada