Adam Way is an associate with the Environmental, Commercial and Construction Law Groups of Harper Grey.
Adam’s environmental law practice involves contaminated sites litigation and risk management. On the litigation side, a large portion of his work relates to recovery of remediation costs pursuant to the Environmental Management Act and common law and appeals before the Environmental Appeal Board. Adam works for and provides advice to clients on a broad range of environmental files, from residential contamination caused by historic underground oil storage tanks (USTs) to large-scale commercial properties involving complex contamination and remediation.
On the construction side, Adam’s practice entails assisting senior lawyers on complicated multi-party disputes involving construction deficiencies. In the context of his commercial law practice, Adam provides advice to clients involved in a variety of commercial disputes, including real estate matters.
Adam is a frequent writer and presenter. He contributed to the 2016 edition of the British Columbia Environmental Management Legislation & Commentary, and contributes to publications such as the British Columbia Environment Industry Association’s (BCEIA) newsletter and the BCEIA Industry Guide.
Adam routinely appears before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and has also appeared before the Provincial Court.
In his spare time, Adam can be found running – and usually quite far. Adam trains and competes in ultra-marathons and mountain races and has run 100 miles through the mountains, just for fun!
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2014
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 2009
- British Columbia, 2015
- Board Member, British Columbia Environment Industry Association (BCEIA)
- Member-At-Large, CBA BC Branch Environmental Law Subsection Executive (2016-2017)
- Member, BC Environmental Industry Association (BCEIA)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch
- Environmental Law Subsection
- Civil Litigation Subsection
- Real Property Law Subsection
- Construction Law Subsection
- Insurance Law Subsection
- Municipal Law Subsection
- Contributing Author - Administrative Justice: A Practitioner's Guide, 2016, Published by LexisNexis Canada
March 26, 2016