Adam brings unique perspective and skill to his practice, having developed a high level of sophistication in the areas of construction, commercial, environmental and insurance law. These combined strengths, along with his experience with technical, complex files, allows Adam to provide invaluable insight to his wide range of clients, which includes property owners, developers, insurers, engineers/consultants and contractors. His approach is aimed at finding practical and efficient resolutions that serve his clients’ objectives.
Adam’s construction law practice involves advising clients on risk management, contracts, insurance, and pre-litigation dispute resolution. He represents clients on complex multi-party disputes involving error and omissions claims, construction defects, and contractual disputes. He also regularly provides advice to insurers and insureds regarding coverage disputes.
Adam is also regularly engaged as a team member on large multi-million dollar commercial disputes. His experience includes cross-jurisdictional issues, including enforcement of Letters Rogatory or Letters of Request. He also represents directors and officers and companies with respect to coverage issues relating to D&O insurance.
Adam’s environmental law practice involves contaminated sites litigation and risk management. On the litigation side, a large portion of his work relates to recovery of remediation costs pursuant to the Environmental Management Act and common law and appeals before the Environmental Appeal Board. Adam works for and provides advice to clients on a broad range of environmental files.
Adam has written and presented on a variety of environmental topics and has contributed to publications, such as the 2016 edition of the British Columbia Environmental Management Legislation & Commentary, the British Columbia Environment Industry Association’s (BCEIA) newsletter and the BCEIA Industry Guide.
In his spare time, Adam can be found running – and usually quite far. Adam trains and competes in ultra-marathons and mountain races and has run 100 miles through the mountains, just for fun!
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2014
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 2009
- British Columbia, 2015
- Board Member, British Columbia Environment Industry Association (BCEIA)
- Member-At-Large, CBA BC Branch Environmental Law Subsection Executive (2016-2017)
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Administrative Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Administrative Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Administrative Law Observer Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Administrative Justice: A Practitioner’s Guide, 2016, Published by LexisNexis® Canada