Daniel is an associate with Harper Grey and a member of our Commercial Litigation Group representing clients in significant litigation matters.
With almost a decade of experience in many different practice areas and business sectors, including product liability, corporate litigation, real estate and energy, Daniel brings a seasoned perspective to his interesting and diverse practice.
Daniel represents clients in contractual disputes, the defence of class actions as well as shareholder and related corporate disputes. He also assists clients in transactions that require court approval.
Daniel has been called to the Bar in Alberta and British Columbia, and has significant trial experience in lengthy and complex litigation. He has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta and British Columbia, and before the Federal Court.
Daniel joined the firm after practicing with a national firm where he practiced exclusively in the litigation group.
- Representing the Mining Association of British Columbia, Mining Association of Canada and other interveners in the Federal Court judicial review of Taseko New Prosperity mine environmental assessment
- Representing British Columbia corporations in obtaining court approval for acquisitions by way of plan of arrangement
- Representing Chinese company in dispute over the acquisition of a platinum mine located in South Africa
- Representing a Japanese manufacturer of electronic components in relation to Canadian class actions concerning allegations of price fixing amongst suppliers of capacitors
- Representing an international professional body in a dispute with one of its members
- Assisting secured lender in priority dispute with purchasers of real estate
- Assisting creditors in debt collection
- Representing shareholders in litigation to wind-up deadlocked British Columbia company
- Dalhousie University, LL.B., 2009
- University of Toronto, B.A., 2005
- British Columbia, 2013
- Alberta, 2010
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch