Henning Wiebach is Associate Counsel with Harper Grey. His practice focuses exclusively in civil litigation with an emphasis on corporate and commercial litigation, directors and officers liability, and family law.
Henning has assisted his clients with some of their most serious litigation matters, including construction and builders liens; securities; employment; banking; products liability; warranty claims; real and personal property leasing; shareholders’ remedies; partnership disputes, contractual disputes and family law.
- University of Manitoba, LL.B., 1976
- University of Manitoba, M.A., 1972
- University of Manitoba, B.A., 1969
- British Columbia, 1977
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Family Law Subsection
- Member, Harper Grey LLP Management Committee
- Past Director, North Shore Home Support Services Society
- Senior counsel for Ebco Industries in six years of corporate litigation brought on by a minority shareholder. The Ebco/Discovery litigation created a number of leading precedents relating to the prosecution of derivative and oppression actions, and culminated in 2003 with a 45-day B.C. Supreme Court trial. Discovery Enterprises Inc. v. Ebco Industries Ltd.
- Senior counsel for the defendants in the oppression action relating to the Summit Motors Group of companies.
- Senior counsel for Global Securities in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal in Secord v. Global Securities
- Senior counsel for the landowner in McLeay v. City of Kelowna and Province of British Columbia at trial and at the BC Court of Appeal
- Representing clients in family disputes including separation, divorce, custody and division of assets, including assets relating to business and estate
- Representing a law firm in a four-week Legal Profession Act hearing before a Registrar relating to the enforcement of a significant contingency fee agreement. This case also involved the valuation of a substantial business.