Jessica has a pragmatic and client focused approach, offering practical and tailored solutions for her clients. She understands that every organization is unique and prioritizes listening to the needs of her clients and helping them to develop, grow and achieve their unique goals. Jessica advises clients on building simple and effective internal operations and assists her clients to negotiate and develop thriving external relationships with their partners.
Jessica provides counsel to First Nations governments in relation to governance, policy and business development. Jessica also serves a wide variety of business clients in the natural resources, technology, and goods and services sectors.
Jessica is an active member of a number of Canadian Bar Association subsections in the areas that she practices.
As a law student, Jessica acted as an executive of the UVIC Law Students Society and University of Victoria Environmental Law Club. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Jessica completed a B.Sc. in Geographical Biogeosciences at the University of British Columbia and worked for several years as an environmental scientist in Alberta.
Outside of the office, Jessica enjoys mountain biking, rock climbing and gardening.
- University of Victoria, J.D., 2018
- University of British Columbia, B.Sc., 2010
- British Columbia, 2019
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections:
- Aboriginal Law – Vancouver
- Aboriginal Lawyers Forum
- Business Law
- Environmental Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Women Lawyers Forum
Jessica offers a range of business law services and advice relating to:
- Contract negotiations
- Business entity formation and structuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Debt and equity financing
- Public offerings and private placements
Aboriginal Business Law
Jessica also works with First Nations governments and economic development entities to provide them with advice and services related to:
- First Nations governance and policy development
- Consultation and aboriginal rights
- Joint ventures and mutual benefit agreements
- Corporate commercial and real estate development
- Shareholders’ agreements