Kora focuses on defending professional negligence claims against real estate professionals. A large part of her practice also involves representing insurers in subrogated property damage suits arising out of fire and flooding, as well as defending such claims. In the area of personal injury, she possesses experience in Occupier’s Liability claims, including those involving infants. Additionally, Kora provides coverage advice to insurers for Commercial General Liability and homeowner’s policies.
Kora is called to both the bars of Alberta and British Columbia. She has appeared before the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the Alberta Provincial Court, Alberta Queen’s Bench, and the Alberta Court of Appeal. She is also experienced at resolving disputes through negotiation and mediation.
Kora writes regularly about insurance law topics. She is a contributor to the Insurance Netletter publication. She is also a contributor to the Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law Casebook published by LexisNexis Canada in 2015. This comprehensive casebook offers both lawyers and insurance professionals an overview of the current state of Canadian law as it applies to insurance-related matters.
Kora enjoys spending time in the mountains, whether by skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, or hiking.
- University of Alberta, LL.B., 2011
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 2007
- British Columbia, 2013
- Alberta, 2012
- Secretary, Canadian Bar Association National Insurance Law Section
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Insurance Law Subsection
- Former Vice-Chair, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Insurance Law Subsection
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Insurance Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Insurance Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Insurance Law Update Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law Casebook, 2015, Published by LexisNexis® Canada
- Volunteer, Access Pro Bono
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsection:
- Civil Litigation
- Women Lawyers Forum
- Products Liability Law
- Environmental Law