Read about Lindsay Johnston’s critical injury expertise here.
Lindsay has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court, the Provincial Court of British Columbia and the Health Professions Review Board administrative tribunal.
In her critical injury practice, Lindsay represents clients who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents, such as those who have sustained brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and chronic pain injuries with a psychological element.
Lindsay also assists a wide range of health care professionals with respect to regulatory matters. A large part of her professional regulation practice is devoted to representing clients in billing audits, College files, and dispositions reviewed by the Health Professions Review Board.
Lindsay was born and raised in Powell River B.C. on the Sunshine Coast.
- Representing clients in personal injury actions stemming from motor vehicle collisions
- Representing clients with critically severe injuries including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and chronic pain injuries with a psychological element
- Representing clients in wrongful death actions
- Representing professionals in regulatory matters including:
- Billing audits before the Medical Services Commission of British Columbia
- Prescribing practices
- Registration and licensing issues
- Substance abuse/diverting
- Privacy/confidentiality matters (including Freedom of Information queries)
- Ethical breaches
- Certification under the Mental Health Act
- Informed Consent
- Sexual misconduct
- Quality of care concerns
- General advice matters
- Mandatory reporting
- Alleged incompetence, and
- A broad range of issues before the Health Professions Review Board
- University of Edinburgh, LL.B. (With Distinction), 2007
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 2003
- British Columbia, 2010
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Administrative Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Administrative Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Administrative Law Observer Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Administrative Justice: A Practitioner’s Guide, 2016, Published by LexisNexis® Canada
- Volunteer supervising lawyer for the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program Clinic at Britannia Community Centre
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyer Association of BC
- Member, Downtown Vancouver Toastmasters Club
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections:
- Health Law
- Administrative Law
- Civil Litigation Law
- Workplace Investigations