Michael acts for clients at all stages of the business lifecycle in a range of industry sectors including technology, health, manufacturing, retail, mining and hospitality.
Simplifying the Complex:
Michael’s approach is to draw on his business experience to craft simple solutions from complex legal issues. He helps his clients in the following areas:
- Business entity formation and structuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital financing
- Public offerings and private placements
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Licensing and intellectual property agreements
- Compensation and equity incentive plans
- Supplier, distributor and customer contracts
- Joint ventures and partnerships
Prior to his legal career, Michael co-founded the Social Feed Inc., a start-up curating long-table dinners at top restaurants on slow nights. After finding traction in both Vancouver and Toronto, Social Feed Inc. was sold to Y-Combinator alumni GrubWithUs Inc. in 2012.