Michelle assists her clients with negotiation and preparation of cohabitation, marriage and separation agreements and represents clients in matters relating to the division of assets, child and spousal support, and custody, guardianship, and parenting time. Michelle represents clients in matters involving complex income and valuation issues, corporate interests, third party interests, and parenting / guardianship issues.
She has represented clients before the Provincial Court of BC and the BC Supreme Court and has assisted senior counsel in family law matters in all levels of court in British Columbia. She has also participated with clients in resolving family law matters through methods of alternate dispute resolution, including Collaborative law and mediation.
Michelle is readily accessible and takes the time to understand her clients’ needs. Whether the matter is straightforward or complex, Michelle clearly and fully explains all of the options and gives her clients the power to make well-informed choices.
- Representing clients, in and out of court, in matters resulting from relationship breakdown, including divorce, division of assets (including business valuation issues, corporate interests, and third party interests), child and spousal support (including complex income determination issues), and custody, guardianship, and parenting time
- Negotiation and preparation of cohabitation, marriage, and separation agreements
- Frequent representation of clients in the Provincial Court of British Columbia and the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- Resolution of family law matters through methods of alternate dispute resolution, including Collaborative law and mediation
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2009
- University of British Columbia, B.A. (English Literature), 2004
- British Columbia, 2009
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections:
- Family Law