Paul initially joined Harper Grey as a summer student in 2016. He completed his articles with the firm and was called to the BC bar in 2018.
Paul obtained his JD from the University of British Columbia in 2017. During his time in law school he served as a Judicial Intern in the BC Provincial Court and volunteered with the Legal Services Society, the Law Students Legal Advice Program, Pro Bono Students Canada, and the UBC Law Review.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Paul completed a PhD in English Language and Literature at Queen’s University supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. He has taught in the English department at Queen’s and several post-secondary institutions in the lower mainland.
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2017
- Queen’s University, PhD – English Language and Literature, 2011
- Master of Arts, English Language and Literature, 2005
- Simon Fraser University, B.A. – English and Humanities, 2004
- British Columbia, 2018
- Civil Chambers Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada, 2015-2016
- Student Clinician, Law Students Legal Advice Program, 2014-2016
- Volunteer, Legal Services Society, 2015
- Assistant Editor, UBC Law Review, 2014-2015
- Outreach Worker, Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Center, 2013-2014
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
Frank Panvini Scholarship in Law, 2016
Joan Joyce Carter Memorial Scholarship, 2016
Law Foundation Award, 2015