Roselle is a Partner with Harper Grey. Her practice is focused on commercial litigation, banking and insolvency, estate litigation and real estate disputes. She is Co-Chair of the firm’s Commercial Litigation group and the Banking and Insolvency group.
Roselle is an adept problem solver with experience handling a range of complex commercial matters including contract, shareholder, corporate, partnership, and real estate disputes. She also has experience with class actions.
In her wills and estates practice Roselle represent executors, beneficiaries, and family members in resolving disputes concerned with the distribution of estates and related matters.
Roselle’s banking and insolvency practice is concentrated on acting for financial institutions and trust companies in security enforcement and insolvency matters. She also has an active bankruptcy and insolvency practice advising creditors, debtors, and trustees.
Roselle has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia.
Roselle was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Prior to attending law school, Roselle trained as a classical pianist and competed at the regional, national and international levels.
Wills and Estates
- Advising and acting for family members and others who have been disinherited or feel they have been treated unfairly
- Acting for executors in contentious disputes among beneficiaries
Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Acting for creditors in priority disputes
- Representing creditors in Companies Creditor Arrangement Act proceedings
- Providing legal opinions to Trustees in Bankruptcy
- Acting for debtors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Representing banks, trust companies and other financial institutions in security enforcement proceedings, including mortgage enforcement and commercial collections and restructuring
- Assisting clients in security enforcement proceedings including management of property, mortgage insurance claims as well as listings and sales
- Court applications under the Patients Property Act for the appointment of a committee
- Successfully defending a life and disability insurer in a summary trial
- Appearing successfully before the British Columbia Court of Appeal as junior counsel in a disability insurance matter
- Successfully defending physicians in against allegations of medical malpractice
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2001
- McGill University, B.Mus., 1998
- British Columbia, 2002
- Co-Chair, Harper Grey Commercial Litigation Group
- Co-Chair, Banking and Insolvency Group
- Former Past Chair, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Wills and Trusts (Vancouver) Subsection and Health Law Section
- Past President, Advocates Club (2009-2010 and 2011-2012)
- Former Past Chair, Canadian Bar Association, National Health Law Section
- Past Chair, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Health Law Section
- Contributing Author, British Columbia Creditors Remedies – An Annotated Guide, 2009, published by the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC
- Founding Member, Borealis String Quartet Society
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC)