Scott is an Associate with Harper Grey and a member of our Business Law Group. He has experience in a wide range of commercial transactions and corporate matters, helping clients at all stages of the business lifecycle.
Scott acts for clients in a wide range of industries including technology, retail, media, mining and financial services.
His services include:
- Business entity formation and structuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Debt and equity financing
- Public offerings and private placements
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Licensing and intellectual property agreements
- Compensation and equity incentive plans
- Contracts for the supply of goods and services
M&A and Securities
- a minority shareholder in the disposition of a 49% equity stake in an international industrial auctioneer;
- a Canadian metalworking company in the acquisition of a dock equipment and marine accessory manufacturer;
- a Canadian real estate investment trust in an acquisition of a Canadian hospitality company;
- a Vancouver-based property management company in the purchase of multiple commercial properties;
- lead underwriters in an $11 million public offering of a Canadian gold mining company;
- an international pharmaceutical company in connection with a $52 million private placement.
Governance and Regulatory
- advising a regional transportation authority in its negotiations with a multinational IT company with respect to a service agreement for cloud-based procurement software;
- advising a US-based digital lending company on Canadian privacy laws and financial institutions regulations to consider in the context of a contemplated expansion into Canada;
- assisting clients with continuous disclosure obligations required by Canadian Securities Administrators.