Scott Howie is an associate with the Business Law Group of Harper Grey.
In his general corporate and commercial solicitor’s practice, Scott acts for public and private companies in connection with a wide range of transactions, including asset and share acquisitions, debt and equity financings, corporate reorganizations, public offerings and private placements.
Scott assists clients with a variety of corporate matters including corporate governance, shareholders agreements, contracts for the supply of products and services, employment issues and general regulatory compliance.
- University of London, LL.B., 2012
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 2008
- British Columbia, 2014
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
M&A and Securities
- a minority shareholder in the disposition of a 49% equity stake in an international industrial auctioneer;
- a Canadian metalworking company in the acquisition of a dock equipment and marine accessory manufacturer;
- a Canadian real estate investment trust in an acquisition of a Canadian hospitality company;
- a Vancouver-based property management company in the purchase of multiple commercial properties;
- lead underwriters in an $11 million public offering of a Canadian gold mining company;
- an international pharmaceutical company in connection with a $52 million private placement.
Governance and Regulatory
- advising a regional transportation authority in its negotiations with a multinational IT company with respect to a service agreement for cloud-based procurement software;
- advising a US-based digital lending company on Canadian privacy laws and financial institutions regulations to consider in the context of a contemplated expansion into Canada;
- assisting clients with continuous disclosure obligations required by Canadian Securities Administrators.