Known for his innovative and “out of the box” thinking and client focused solutions, Steve works closely with many entrepreneurs and corporations of all sizes and maturity, providing general legal advice on a broad range of corporate matters. He provides strategic counsel in the complex aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including divestitures and negotiated acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and is particularly sought after for his expertise in contested corporate transactions. His practice covers most forms of transaction-oriented investment activity.
Steve is a frequent speaker on venture finance, angel investing and mergers, acquisition and divestiture and a guest lecturer at the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC’s “Buying and Selling a Business” course. He has served as the Director and Chair of New Ventures BC Society and the Director and President of the BC Water Polo Association.
Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating: 4.4 Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1987
- McGill University, B.Comm., 1984
- British Columbia, 1988
- Co-Chair, Harper Grey Business Law Group
- Past Director and Chair, New Ventures BC Society
- Past Director and President, BC Water Polo Association
- Guest Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, “Buying and Selling a Business”
- Contributor, LexisNexis® Practice Advisor for Corporate Management, Fundamental Changes, Dissolution and the Corporate Law Module
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association