Jennifer is a partner in the Insurance and Health Law Groups at Harper Grey. She is the assistant chair of our Insurance Group and past chair of the Associates Committee.
Jennifer has a wealth of experience in handling complex bodily injury claims. She has acted for clients ranging from large shopping centres and grocery store chains to small businesses and homeowners. She has also represented manufacturers and distributors in products liability actions. Jennifer also defends property claims.
On the health law side, her practice includes the defence of doctors, dentists and physiotherapists.
Jennifer has appeared at all levels of Court in British Columbia.
Jennifer is a frequent speaker at both in-house and client seminars on a wide range of topics.
Jennifer received the prestigious Lexpert® Rising Stars – Leading Lawyers Under 40 award in 2014, chosen from among hundreds of nominees across Canada. Lexperts’ Rising Stars award recognizes legal leaders under the age of 40 based on criteria such as leadership, professional achievements, business acumen, adaptability, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
An active volunteer, Jennifer is a director of the B.C. Chapter of the Women in Insurance Cancer Crusade, which raises funds for cancer research.
- University of Victoria, J.D., 2001
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 1998
- British Columbia, 2002
- Director, Women in Insurance Cancer Crusade - BC Chapter
- Assistant Chair, Harper Grey LLP Insurance Law Group
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, Medical Legal Society of BC
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch - Civil Litigation, Health Law, and Insurance Law subsections
- Member, Defence Research Institute
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in the area of Insurance Law
- Recognized as a “Future Star” in British Columbia in the areas of Health and Insurance by Benchmark Canada 2015
- Recognized as a “Local Litigation Star” in British Columbia by Benchmark Canada 2015, 2016
- 2014, Lexpert® Rising Stars – Leading Lawyers Under 40 award recipient
- Successfully defending a landlord at trial and on appeal against allegations of vicarious liability for an employee's sexual assault of a tenant
- Successfully defending property managers in one of the leading cases in BC dealing with the relationship between the Building Code and the Occupier's Liability Act
- Successfully defending a high school student at trial against allegations that he negligently injured another student in class
- Successfully defending insurance brokers at trial in broker liability cases
- Assisting senior counsel in the leading case in BC considering the allocation of fault in a contractual setting
- Facilitating the resolution of matters at mediation
- Successfully defending dentists and physicians at trial and on appeal against allegations of breach of standard of care, causation and lack of informed consent
June 2016 Edition
April 20, 2017
May 23, 2013
June 6, 2012
June 10, 2011
June 12, 2009