With a reputation as being among the best securities litigation firms in the country, we provide straightforward, informed advice and creative solutions to resolve your situation.
We represent securities clients whose reputation, ability to operate, and share value are seriously threatened.
Broker dealers, investment advisors, mutual fund salespeople, brokerage firms, public companies, directors and officers rely on our lawyers to resolve their securities law issues fairly and efficiently.
Our lawyers handle securities matters involving both civil and criminal law. We take an objective, pragmatic view of your best options, and rely on strong, respectful relationships with authorities to negotiate a solution.
- Regulatory proceedings before the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the BC Securities Commission.
- Defending securities professionals against allegations of fraud, negligent misrepresentation and misappropriation.
- Defence against charges relating to white collar crime.
- Directors and officers liability - advice and representation in matters involving oppression, derivative actions and/or breach of fiduciary duty.
- Shareholder disputes - representation of public companies and individuals.
- Suitability issues - helping individuals deal with issues raised by the TSX-Venture Exchange.
- US Securities and Exchange Commission investigations - representing companies, directors, officers and business people in cross-border matters concerning investigations and procedures undertaken by US issuers.
- Multilateral Assistance Treaty Act issues.
19 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2018
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 15 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2018
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Law Firm" regionally in the area of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Canada®, 2017
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014
News & Knowledge