Ryan was called to the Alberta Bar in 2014 and the British Columbia Bar in 2016.
He has practiced in the areas of workplace law, estate planning and litigation, and family law. Ryan now focuses his practice in the areas of family law and workplace law and has successfully represented clients in both areas.
Ryan has appeared in various proceedings in Alberta and British Columbia including before the Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, Employment Standards Tribunal, and the Alberta Human Rights Tribunal.
In his family law practice, Ryan helps clients navigate through the challenges associated with the breakdown of marriage and marriage-like relationships including separation agreements, divorce, division of assets, spousal support, child support, and parenting and custody issues. He is dedicated to advocating for his clients and resolving disputes through his practical advice and compassionate approach. While he is experienced and able in the courtroom, he is equally keen to adopt alternative dispute resolution methods including Collaborative Law and mediation. In 2015 he became a Certified Collaborative Divorce Lawyer, and has completed several courses related to resolving divorce and family conflicts.
In his workplace law practice, Ryan assists senior lawyers on employment-related matters including terminations, wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal, employment contracts, and human rights.
Ryan is an avid sports fan and regularly joins various community basketball and volleyball leagues.
- Bond University, Australia, J.D., 2012
- Simon Fraser University, B.A. (Economics), 2009
- Mediation of Family & Divorce Conflicts (LESA: Legal Education Society of Alberta), 2015
- British Columbia, 2016
- Alberta, 2014
- Certified Collaborative Divorce Lawyer, Collaborative Divorce – Alberta Association (2015)
- Former Board Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters (2015-2016)
- Former Guest Lecturer, Lethbridge College, Public Legal Education Program (2014-2016)
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections:
- Family Law
- Former Volunteer Lawyer, Lethbridge Legal Guidance Society (2015-2016)
- Former Volunteer Lawyer, Nord-Bridge Senior Centre (2013-2016)
- Former Volleyball Coach, St. Hilda’s School, Gold Coast (2011-2012)