Drew’s past experience includes serving as vice president and general counsel for an international group of companies invested in commercial real estate and private education in North America and more recently as a partner in a regional corporate commercial boutique law firm.
Drew currently works with several First Nations and provides them with corporate commercial, real estate and governance advice.
Drew draws on the unique experience he gained from working on the client-side in the private education industries. His areas of expertise extend to and include:
- Private education: acting for operators, brokers, buyers and sellers of private educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and China and advising and representing private post-secondary institutions on a wide range of issues in the education space including mergers and acquisitions, regulatory matters, board governance, human resource and real estate issues.
- Sustainable Resource Development
- Board and Band Governance
- Real Estate Transactions and Financings
When not working Drew enjoys parenting 3 children under 6, cross-fit and gardening.
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2004
- University of Victoria, B.A., Political Science, 2001
- British Columbia, 2005
- Advisory Board Member – Tla-o-quit First Nation Development Corporation
- Guest Lecturer, Ch’nook Aboriginal Management Program, UBC – Sauder School of Business
- Contributing author, CLE Mortgages Practice Manual 2007 – 2016
- Past Chairman, Canadian Bar Association (BC) Business Law Subsection
- Past Director and Founder of Invictus MD (TSX.V)
- Past Director, British Columbia Career College Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia