JoAnne is a member of of our Insurance Law, Health Law, and Professional Regulation Groups. In her insurance practice, JoAnne assists clients with coverage and litigation defence matters including bodily injury and property loss claims. In her health law practice, JoAnne assists medical professionals with malpractice actions, advice matters, and regulatory issues. JoAnne has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as various tribunals.
JoAnne was called to the bar in 2014 after summering and articling with Harper Grey. Prior to joining Harper Grey, JoAnne received her J.D. from the University of British Columbia in 2013 and was the recipient of the prestigious Raymond Herbert Award. She also interned at the Legal Services Board of Nunavut for a summer and was a student clinician at the UBC Indigenous Community Legal Clinic.
JoAnne is active in the legal community. She works with Access Pro Bono as duty counsel to provide free summary legal advice to low-income individuals, and is a supervising lawyer for the Law Students Legal Advice program. In her free time, JoAnne can be found playing soccer or ultimate on Vancouver-based teams.
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2013
- Simon Fraser University, B.A. (Hons.) Sociology and Anthropology, 2010
- British Columbia, 2014
- Member, Vancouver Chambers Choir Board of Directors (2017)
- Director, Law Courts Inn Society
- Board Member, UBC Law Alumni Association
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Administrative Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Administrative Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Administrative Law Observer Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Administrative Justice: A Practitioner’s Guide, 2016, Published by LexisNexis® Canada
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Insurance Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Insurance Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Insurance Law Update Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law Casebook, 2015, Published by LexisNexis® Canada
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch