Lisa is a compassionate and knowledgeable family law lawyer with a breadth of conflict resolution techniques at her disposal: litigator, mediator, arbitrator and parenting coordinator. Lisa also strives to provide a collaborative answer to family conflict, wherever possible, including as a Collaborative Lawyer with Collaborative Divorce Vancouver. Transitioning to a new family reality is not an easy one, but with the right blend of solutions, Lisa strives to help families find a path to stability.
Lisa’s family law practice regularly includes divorce, division of assets, child and spousal support, custody and guardianship, and parenting arrangements. Lisa has also been involved and resolved complex trust and high net worth property division, and high conflict parenting disputes (e.g. alienation and relocation). She appears regularly in BC Supreme Court and has experience in Provincial Court and Appellate Court. Lisa has a growing estate practice with a keen interest in estate mediation.
Lisa has been called to the bar since 1994. She has an array of legal experience, with a prior practice in employment, labour, human rights, criminal prosecution and personal injury law. In the middle of her career, Lisa chose to stay at home for 8 years to raise her 3 children (now young adults), gaining insight to the various stages and complexities of modern family life. She draws routinely on her learnings from her children, whom she credits along with her husband, as some of the greatest teachers in life.
Lisa is a multi-lingual practitioner, being fluent in English and French and having a facility in Spanish. She has many interests and pursuits outside work, including tennis, yoga, cycling, gardening, literature, travel and adventure.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1993
- McGill University, B.A. (Hons), Political Science, 1990
- British Columbia, 1994
- Family Law Mediator, The Law Society of British Columbia (2014)
- Family Law Arbitrator, The Law Society of British Columbia (2019)
- Parenting Coordinator, The Law Society of British Columbia (2019)
- Former Board Member, Board Member, Vancouver Youth Soccer Association (2010 to 2013)
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections:
- Family Law (formerly on Executive)
- Wills & Estates
- Alternative Dispute Resolution