Michael has a broad insurance practice representing clients in matters involving property disputes, bodily injury claims, professional negligence and coverage. He also acts for insurers pursuing subrogated actions in property damage claims. Michael’s clients include home owners; small, medium and large business; professionals; contractors and tradespeople. Michael is a regular presenter at educational seminars and contributes to the firm’s Insurance Law Quicklaw Netletters.
In his health law practice, Michael represents physicians in civil actions. He also assists physicians with a variety of medical-legal matters, including regulatory matters before the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Michael has appeared before the Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and various tribunals.
Michael is actively involved in the community and for many years volunteered at a summer camp for kids. He is an avid soccer fan and his idea of a relaxing weekend morning is to watch the English Premier League with a local supporters club.
- University of Calgary, J.D., 2013
- University of British Columbia, B.A. History (Classical Studies Minor), 2009
- British Columbia, 2014
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Insurance Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Insurance Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Insurance Law Update Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law Casebook, 2015, Published by LexisNexis® Canada
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch