We help organizations and individuals resolve employment law issues in a way that minimizes risk to business operations and reputation.
The lawyers in this group all practice business litigation and are very experienced in matters relating to workplace law, such as corporate finance, white collar crime, human rights insurance and directors and officers liability.
Skilled in all aspects of workplace law, our group has experience in virtually every kind of issue that can arise in this broad area of legal practice.
We offer a broad range of services to employers of all sizes and types in a wide range of industries. Our clients are diverse and reflect major industries throughout BC including insurance, financial services, real estate, education, health care, technology, manufacturing, and retail, among others.
We have successfully represented clients in legal proceedings, negotiations, mediations, and arbitrations, before numerous workplace boards and tribunals and at all levels of court.
- Drafting employment agreements for new, promoted and temporary employees.
- Drafting employee policies and manuals.
- Reviews of existing policies to ensure that organizations are up-to-date with the latest issues, such as social media usage.
- Drafting warnings and disciplinary letters.
- Drafting termination letters, severance packages and temporary lay-off agreements.
- Reviewing and drafting retirement packages and agreements.
- Dispute resolution regarding breach of restrictive covenants, non-solicitation and other agreements.
- Determination of reasonable notice.
- Jurisdictional transfer of business operations and employees.
- Wrongful dismissal.
- Human rights matters, including allegations of harassment and discrimination.
- Assisting employers with reviewing and addressing allegations of sexual harassment and other misconduct in the workplace.
16 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2017
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada®, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
18 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2017
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 15 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014
News & Knowledge