Emilie is a Research Associate and Professional Development Coordinator with Harper Grey. She supports our senior lawyers with legal research, analysis, and drafting. Emilie also contributes to the firm’s knowledge management initiatives and student and associate programming.
Prior to focusing her practice on legal research, Emilie practiced general litigation at a top-rated boutique for nearly nine years. She has drafted memoranda, opinions, pleadings, mediation briefs, arguments, leave applications, and facta on complex and high-profile administrative, criminal, and civil cases.
Emilie’s interest in legal research and knowledge management led her to pursue further education in information science. Emilie recently completed an MLIS degree, which provided her with a solid foundation in information and knowledge theory, research strategies, and privacy law and policy.
In her role as Professional Development Coordinator, Emilie works closely with Lori Williams our Director of Student and Associate Professional Development.
- University of British Columbia, MLIS, 2019
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2008
- University of British Columbia (Okanagan), B.A. (English and Political Science), 2004
- British Columbia, 2009
- Adjunct Professor, Law 430: Advanced Legal Research, Peter A. Allard School of Law, Fall 2019
- Executive Member, CBABC Legal Research Section, 2015 – present
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
David Roberts Prize in Legal Writing, University of British Columbia - 2007