Most professionals are required to abide by laws, regulations and rules affecting their practice.
As a professional, you rely on your reputation to sustain the career you’ve built. Administrative law issues such as certification problems, complaints or investigations can put that reputation in peril, impeding work and affecting your livelihood
Professionals often grapple with serious ethical issues – issues that can become problems that threaten their reputations, security and practices. We have helped clients with almost every type of regulatory issue.
We defend individuals and work with liability insurers, professional associations and organizations to determine the best options.
Harper Grey has, for many years, been the recognized leader in the defence of professionals facing liability issues. We act for doctors, lawyers, accountants, architects and engineers. We also provide administrative law advice for professionals facing disciplinary action.
Public scrutiny over ethical issues for professionals has increased dramatically over the past several years. We provide advice and assistance to professionals in their dealings with governance issues, ethical obligations and responsibilities, and represent them before a wide range of regulatory bodies.
- Providing advice regarding investigations and inquiries by administrative authorities.
- Advocating for clients before administrative tribunals such as the Health Professions Review Board.
- Representing clients in Judicial Review matters.
- Appealing the decisions of administrative bodies.
- Advising professional organizations regarding liability insurance programs, communication to members and responses to new rules and regulations.
- Constitutional and Charter challenges.
- Defamation, libel, slander and breach of trust matters.
- Advising clients regarding billing audits by the Medical Services Commission, insurance companies and other organizations.
- Human rights complaints and representation before the Human Rights Tribunal.
- Privacy and matters relating to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
- Helping clients with issues relating to government and public bodies.
- Professional errors and omissions insurance claims.
- Workers Compensation Board issues.
- Reinstatement of professional practice applications.
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Law Firm" regionally in the area of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Canada®, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 15 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2018
19 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2018
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014
News & Knowledge