An insurer's reputation for fairness and competence may be its most valuable asset. Harper Grey lawyers have protected the reputations of insurers and their insured since the firm was founded in 1907.
Our insurance lawyers work with clients to resolve claims with the best interests of their insureds and organizations in mind.
We serve regional, national and multinational insurers. We represent major self-insured businesses, working with their insurance partners to resolve claims. We also work with professional associations to develop and defend errors and omissions and risk-management programs.
We are conscious of an insurer’s relationship with its insureds. Harper Grey respects your budgets, service requirements and the accountability structures within your organization. Our clients can benefit from value-added services such as in-house education, unbilled advice and departmental structure reviews.
The services we provide include:
- Representation in meetings, negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, hearings and court proceedings. Our lawyers have appeared at every level of court including the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Working with claims executives, managers, examiners, adjusters and other insurance professionals to determine risk and resolution procedures.
- Developing risk management programs.
- Determining legal budgets, litigation plans and reporting structures.
- Institutional clients benefit from designated team leaders and team members at a variety of levels.
- Audits and reviews of all aspects of our client service to insurance companies and institutions for whom we perform large volumes of work.
- Subscriptions to our complimentary monthly Insurance Law Update e-newsletter, which is also published in a longer format on Quicklaw.
- Bodily injuries.
- Commercial general liability.
- Commercial lines products - construction deficiencies, property loss, business interruption, products liability.
- Complex, multi-party claims.
- Criminal acts.
- Directors and officers liability.
- Environmental contamination.
- Errors and omissions.
- Occupiers liability.
- Personal lines products - property loss, motor vehicle liability, social host liability, defamation.
- Professional liability.
- Subrogated matters such as geographic torts.
- Transportation related claims including aviation and marine cargo and equipment damage.
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Firm" in the area of Litigation - Commercial Insurance (Repeatedly Recommended) by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2015, 2016, 2017
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Law Firm" regionally in the area of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Canada®, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 15 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2018
19 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2018
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Kim Yee receives prestigious Lexpert® 2016 Rising Stars Award honoring Canada’s Leading Lawyers Under 40
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
Jennifer Woznesensky receives prestigious Lexpert® 2014 Rising Stars Award honoring Canada’s Leading Lawyers Under 40
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014
News & Knowledge